huawei

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Fri Jun 14 02:05:02 UTC 2013

On 06/13/2013 06:57 PM, Scott Helms wrote:

> What you're describing is a command and control channel unless you're suggesting that the router itself had the capacity to somehow discern that.   That's the problem with all the pixie dust theories.  The router can't, it doesn't know who the rebels are much less their net block ahead of time. Something has to pass rules to the box to be able trigger off of.

I think you're misunderstanding: the router is watching traffic and gives clues
that "we're gassing the rebels" that was added to all of the  DPI vectors
which get surreptitiously added to the other DPI terms unbeknownst to the
owner and sent back to the attacker. That's enormously powerful. All it takes
is sufficient money and motivation. Is this speculative? Of course -- I'm not
a spook. Is it possible? You bet.

Mike