Blocking TCP flows?

Eric Wustrow ewust at umich.edu
Thu Jun 13 19:32:51 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to block individual TCP flows (5-tuple) on a 1-10 gbps
link, with new blocked flows being dropped within a millisecond or so of
being
added. I've been looking into using OpenFlow on an HP Procurve, but I don't
know much in this area, so I'm looking for better alternatives.

Ideally, such a device would add minimal latency (many/expandable CAM
entries?), can handle many programatically added flows (hundreds per
second),
and would be deployable in a production network (fails in bypass mode). Are
there any
COTS devices I should be looking at? Or is the market for this all under
the table to
pro-censorship governments?

Thanks,

-Eric