huawei

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Thu Jun 13 17:42:38 UTC 2013

On Jun 13, 2013, at 11:35 AM, Patrick W. Gilmore <patrick at ianai.net> wrote:

> Also, I find it difficult to believe Hauwei has the ability to do DPI or something inside their box and still route at reasonable speeds is a bit silly. Perhaps they only duplicate packets based on source/dest IP address or something that is magically messaged from the mother ship, but I am dubious.

This could be a latent, not used feature from _any_ vendor.

A hard coded backdoor password and username.  A sequence of port-knocking that enables ssh on an alternate port with no ACL.  Logins through that mechanism not in syslog, not in the currently logged in user table, perhaps the process(es) hidden from view.

Do we really trust Cisco and Juniper more than Hueawei? :)