PRISM: NSA/FBI Internet data mining project

Andy Ringsmuth andy at newslink.com
Fri Jun 7 20:36:33 UTC 2013

On Jun 7, 2013, at 10:02 AM, Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 1:57 AM, Mark Seiden <mis at seiden.com> wrote:
>
>> and also, only $20m/year?  in my experience, the govt cannot do anything like this
>> addressing even a single provider for that little money.
>
> agreed, that 20m seems extraordinarily low for such an effort... hell,
> for 6 yrs time transport costs along would have exceeded that number.

Obligatory Independence Day quote:

President Thomas Whitmore: I don't understand, where does all this come from? How do you get funding for something like this?

Julius Levinson: You don't actually think they spend $20,000 on a hammer, $30,000 on a toilet seat, do you?

----
Andy Ringsmuth
andy at newslink.com
News Link – Manager Technology & Facilities
2201 Winthrop Rd., Lincoln, NE 68502-4158
(402) 475-6397    (402) 304-0083 cellular