nokiamail spam

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Tue Jun 4 18:57:37 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 6:11 AM, John Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:

> >> 2. I have yet to see any evidence this century that Yahoo cares in
> >> the slightest about the unceasing flood of spam/phish/abuse flowing
> >> outbound from its operation.  After all, if they did, we would not
> >> be having this conversation.
> >
> >wasn't yahoo's abuse team disbanded years ago?
>
> It was cut way back, but they still have a few very very overworked
> people.  I'm sitting next to one of them at a meeting.

Sorry.  Full disk, plus being out on medical leave for
a month meant my NANOG mail stopped flowing;
hadn't seen anything since April.  Got the disk
taken care of.  Won't be able to catch back up
on what I missed, but will be keeping my eyes
open for new threads.  Not one of the people who
can say anything publicly about the situation; but
people *do* care, they really do.

Matt