Headscratcher of the week

Jake Khuon khuon at NEEBU.Net
Sat Jun 1 00:40:44 UTC 2013

On 31/05/13 17:30, Brett Frankenberger wrote:

>> 	How can you possibly have consistent increase in latency like that?
>> I'd love to hear theories (or offers of beer, your choice!).

Variation of the buffer filling theory is that there's some
QoS/traffic-shaping going on which is causing your ping packets to get
classed and policed into an ever depleting buffer pool.

I wonder what would happen to the pattern if you reset the interface. |8^)

--
/*=================[ Jake Khuon <khuon at NEEBU.Net> ]=================+
  | Packet Plumber, Network Engineers     /| / [~ [~ |) | | -------- |