Friday Hosing

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Fri Jul 12 15:44:56 UTC 2013

Is it me or the bigger a corporation gets the more vindictive (a b-word
intended) they are to customers leaving them?

------

One of my *new* customer was caught by the local "monopole" into moving
their domain/site/emails/phone/oxygen supply/etc to them.

But when the usual grace period stopped and they started receiving
invoices that would make a loan shark go: "are you insane?!?", they
decided to move.

After a somewhat pleasant call to the "monopole" informing them that
they are planning to divorce them in 30 days, and that it was clearly
stated that since they are paying for those additional 30 days that
their services wont be cut off...

 15 minutes later.  Boom.  No domain, no site, no emails...

 After a rather stern call, they get their domain up, no site...

 After another rather stern call, they get their site up, no emails...

 After another rather stern call, they get... no emails.

 "Oh its 17:01, our support is closed for day.  Is there anything else I
can help you with?"

On top of it that "monopole" has for their procedure to let the 5 days
"AUTO-ACK" expire when they are asked to transfer a domain away from them.
( They are a reseller of tucows, and PS: it is not Tucows fault.  That 5
days 'AUTO-ACK" process is there because of corporation acting like that
"monopole" )

Good thing I was able to get back into their account earlier this
morning and recreate their emails...

Now lets hope they don't do this again until my customer get his domain
back in its hands.

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443