NANOG Digest, Vol 60, Issue 110

Brzozowski, John John_Brzozowski at Cable.Comcast.com
Thu Jan 31 21:18:17 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----

From: "nanog-request at nanog.org" <nanog-request at nanog.org>
Date: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:13 PM
To: NANOG <nanog at nanog.org>
Subject: NANOG Digest, Vol 60, Issue 110

>Message: 9
>Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 16:13:43 -0800 (PST)
>From: David Barak <thegameiam at yahoo.com>
>To: Cutler James R <james.cutler at consultant.com>, nanog at nanog.org
>Subject: Re: "Programmers can't get IPv6 thus that is why they do not
>	have IPv6 in their applications"....
>
>Comcast removed the "no IPv6" excuse?  That removal somehow skipped my
>house in Washington DC where they installed (last October) a router which
>does not even support it (an Arrus voice gateway- the one where you
>can't turn of the crummy 2.4g wireless radio) and none of the folks
>I've spoken to on the phone can tell me when or if it will be coming.
[jjmb] feel free to contact me offline, your device will soon be enabled
with IPv6 support.  I can add you to early trials for the same if you are
interested.

>I look forward to Comcast giving me native v6 at home.
[jjmb] IPv6 is launched in your area across our broadband network, we did
not enable IPv6 for the device you have for a variety of reasons.  See my
other email about managing customer experience, the last thing I imagine
you would want me to do is carelessly deploy software with issues.