"Programmers can't get IPv6 thus that is why they do not have IPv6 in their applications"....

David Barak thegameiam at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 02:10:05 UTC 2013

On Jan 30, 2013, at 7:52 PM, Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:
> Firstly fix your mail client.  What's this "'" garbage in text/plain?

That's yahoo web mail on an iPhone, sorry.

> Deployment Update
>
> Published on Tuesday, October 23, 2012
>
> IPv6 has been launched on all Arris DOCSIS 3.0 C4 CMTSes, covering
> over 50% our network.  We are targeting completion of the rest of
> the network by mid-2013. Our progress has led to nearly 2.5% of our
> Xfinity Internet customers  actively using native dual stack.
> Additionally, IPv6 traffic has increased 375% since World IPv6 Day
> in June 2011.  Following World IPv6 Launch in June 2012 Comcast
> also observed that approximately 6% of the 2012 Olympics served
> over YouTube to Comcast customers was over IPv6.
>
> http://www.comcast6.net

The update you sent is lovely, except I can tell you that the one (also an Arris, running DOCSIS 3.0) which was installed in late October in my house in Washington simply does not run v6 with the pre-installed load.  Now, is there some firmware upgrade which could fix this?  Maybe, but it sure would be nice if the folks who answer the phone in support could direct me to someone who has heard of this technology.  So no, as I said before, Comcast has *not* removed the v6 barrier here.  I'd like it to "just work", please.

David Barak

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive autocorrection.