Muni network ownership and the Fourth

William Allen Simpson william.allen.simpson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 17:40:10 UTC 2013

I'd like to join Jay, Scott, Leo, and presumably Dave
supporting muni network ownership -- or at least a
not-for-profit entity.

I tried to start one a decade ago, but a lawsuit was
threatened by the incumbent cable provider (MediaOne in
those days) who claimed an exclusive right.  Since then
the state law has been changed, so we really ought to
look into it again here.

Although the 4th Amendment originally applied to only
the Federal Government (states routinely violated it),
the 14th Amendment applies it to the state (and local)
governments now.