Looking for success stories in Qwest/Centurylink land

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Jan 28 20:17:50 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Constantine A. Murenin
<mureninc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, that's AT&T for you:  already has the network, already has the
> price structure, already has the marketing going, already has all the
> passive and active equipment installed that's capable of vastly
> superior speeds, already has the customers willing to pay more each
> month for faster speeds, and already has customers abandoning FTTU
> services because of artificially-imposed speed limitations, yet T
> still can't be bothered to flip some provisioning bits.

And then there's the ATT U-Verse outage for the better part of a week.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/24/tech/web/uverse-outage-att/index.html

On the other hand, I've been unsuccessfully trying to pay my Verizon
Fios bill for a month now. The credit card died two months ago. They
keep trying to bill it. Can't log in to the linked account online. The
web site mentions that a temporary password can be had from the paper
bill they haven't sent in the better part of a decade. After hours on
the phone the representative "opened a ticket with IT."

They sent me an email reminding me that their billing failed. With no
return contact information, just an invitation to log in to my
non-working account and pay it. What fun!

-Bill

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004