Security reporting response handling [was: Suggestions for the future on your web site]

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Tue Jan 22 15:25:25 UTC 2013

    Hi,

    (Mind the English, like my French, its awful)

    Going from, what seems to be, a non-service impacting XSS scan to
expulsion is a bit of a trek.  I'm sure there is a big chunk of story
missing.  Beside, a 20yo is rarely aware of the proper etiquette when it
comes to scanning websites and the worst he should have got is a sit
down with security experts to explain to him how to go about it in the
future.

    Hopefully, stories like this will provide more incentive to 3rd
party software providers to add this type of scan to their Q&A.  And
train their developers into the art of internet security when it comes
to XSS/SQL Injection (see OWAPS/etc).

    PS: Being in Montreal, too bad someone already offered him a job :(
I may have some part-time work for a bright kid soon.

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443