Equipment Shuffing Cart Recommendations

Robert Bonomi bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com
Mon Jan 21 21:47:08 UTC 2013

> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 13:27:05 -0600
> From: Michael Vallaly <nanog at nolatency.com>
> To: nanog at nanog.org
> Subject: Equipment Shuffing Cart Recommendations
>

> Anyone have any good recommendations for an equipment cart to shuffle
> IT/Telco equipment around between an office/colo ?
>
> Id like something able to carry ~6 1U Dell servers at once, and maybe
> make it over an elevator gap without a running start. Collapsible would
> also be nice, if I can throw it in the back of a car once in a while is a
> big plus.

Look at medium-/heavy-duty luggage carts for luggage going on airplanes.

I've moved incredible loads -- like a half-dozen full-tower desktops _and_
a 20" CRT in one trip -- on a good _medium-duty_ one (similar to a "Clipper
200").  If I were buying one today, I'd look hard at a Clipper 450, or, if
I could justify the money, a Clipper 730, for the folding 'shelf' cum work-
surface.

Wesco and Kart-A-Bag are good brands too.  You probably wont go far wrong
with any such in the (circa) $60 and up price range. double-check the wheel-
size (5" min, 6" better) though.  They all go better over elevator gaps if
you pull rathe than push 'em.  :)

see <http://www.handtrucks.com/hand-trucks/folding-hand-trucks/4567+1579+2524.cfm>
for lot of possibilities

Note: I have no experience with that vendor, google images search led me to them.