Equipment Shuffing Cart Recommendations

Ryan Rawdon ryan at u13.net
Mon Jan 21 20:10:55 UTC 2013

On Jan 21, 2013, at 1:27 PM, Michael Vallaly wrote:

> Anyone have any good recommendations for an equipment cart to shuffle IT/Telco equipment around between an office/colo ?
>
> Id like something able to carry ~6 1U Dell servers at once, and maybe make it over an elevator gap without a running start. Collapsible would also be nice, if I can throw it in the back of a car once in a while is a big plus.
>
> Thanks
>
> -Mike

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202204471/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=folding+hand+cart&storeId=10051

(Milwaulkee 150lb folding 2-wheel hand cart)

I've used one of these for the past couple years in datacenters and on city streets and it is very solid, especially given that price.  There's also a larger version of it, not sure if HD carries it.  Very well made.  That said, my first one suffered infant mortality due to a defect in the plastic molding, but the second one has lasted a couple of years and some significant abuse without any signs of damage.

The only thing is that the bungee it comes with is worthless for anything beyond a lightly loaded milk crate, so pick up a set of bungees at the same time.