Suggestions for the future on your web site: (was cookies, and before that Re: Dreamhost hijacking my prefix...)

. oscar.vives at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 08:26:40 UTC 2013

On 21 January 2013 07:19, Matt Palmer <mpalmer at hezmatt.org> wrote:
>> If the form is submitted without the correct POST value,  if their IP
>> address changed,  or after too many seconds since the timestamp,
>> then redisplay the form to the user,  with a request for them to
>> visually inspect and confirm the submission.
>
> Which is decidedly more user-friendly than most people implement, but
> suffers from the problem that some subset of your userbase is going to be
> using a connection that doesn't have a stable IP address, and it won't take
> too many random "please re-confirm the form submission you made" requests
> before the user gives your site the finger and goes to find something better
> to do.

You want to stop the CSRF problem, but you want to support a user
making the login in a IP, and submiting a "delete account" button *the
next second* from a different IP. then you want this solution to be
better cost effective than cookies.

Maybe ask the user his password.

 <form method="post">
 <input type="hidden" name="id_user" value="33">
 <input type="hidden" name="action" value="delete_user">
 <input type="submit" value="Delete user">
 <input type="password" name="password" value="">
 </from>

Even if this request come from a IP in china, you can allow it.

ℱin del ℳensaje.