For those who may use a projector in the NOC

Michael Painter tvhawaii at shaka.com
Fri Jan 18 05:25:50 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
  From: Eric Adler
  To: Michael Painter
  Cc: nanog at nanog.org
  Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:19 PM
  Subject: Re: For those who may use a projector in the NOC

  This appears to be an Epson / 3LCD marketing campaign.

  whois shows an admin contact at wintergroup.net.  wintergroup.net (on http) is the home to a marketing agency, their client links below include "Epson" and "3LCD"; clicking 3LCD brings up a still image showing this page.  Searching for 3LCD finds this Epson page: <http://global.epson.com/innovation/projection_technology/3LCD_technology/>. <http://3lcd.com/> has a very familiar 'feel' as well... and has an admin contact at Seiko Epson Corporation

  I won't get into display theory on this list (feel free to contact me if you want to discuss such)

  - Eric Adler
  Broadcast Engineer

Yes, I was taken in by the adoption of CLO by the Society for Information Display http://www.sid.org/About.aspx
It's so easy to drop thousands into a projector based on the specs. and end up with a shitty picture, so I think the CLO spec will help,
Whole thing is being debated here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1451895/epson-color-light-output-demo-at-ces-2013
--Michael