DNS resolver addresses for Sprint PCS/3G/4G

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jan 17 00:13:52 UTC 2013

I've noticed, for quite some time, that there seems to be a specific category
of slow that I see in using apps on my HTC Supersonic/Sprint EVO, on both
their 3G and 4G networks, and I wonder if it isn't because the defined
resolvers are 8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8, which aren't *on* Sprint's networks.

Does anyone have, in their magic bag of tricks, IP addresses for resolvers
that *are* native to that network, that they wouldn't mind whispering in my
ear?

I don't suppose Android's smart enough to swap that file around when the
IP core notices the uplink has changed? (Yes, I know, that's properly a
question for XDA-Devel...)

Offlist is fine.  Yes, I owe the list summaries on a couple earlier
questions; I still have the details to write from.  :-}

Cheers,
-- jra