Slashdot: UK ISP PlusNet Testing Carrier-Grade NAT Instead of IPv6

fredrik danerklint fredan-nanog at fredan.se
Wed Jan 16 16:12:26 UTC 2013

 From the article:

"Faced with the shortage of IPv4 addresses and the failure of IPv6 to
take off, British ISP PlusNet is testing carrier-grade network address
translation CG-NAT, where potentially all the ISP's customers could be
sharing one IP address, through a gateway. The move is controversial as
it could make some Internet services fail, but PlusNet says it is
inevitable, and only a test at this stage."

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/13/01/16/1417244/uk-isp-plusnet-testing-carrier-grade-nat-instead-of-ipv6

I'm only here to bring you the news. So don't complain to me...

--
http://tlmc.fredan.se