Issues with level3?

David Miller dmiller at tiggee.com
Tue Jan 15 17:37:57 UTC 2013

On 01/15/2013 11:12 AM, Network Operations wrote:
> Anyone seeing any issues with level3?  We can connect to every other IP in our Class C.  When tracerouting to individual IP's, (x.x.x.50/51/52/53) we get a drop at ge-4-16.car2.Washington1.Level3.net [4.59.146.53] for 50, but 51 is fine, drop for 52, 53 is fine.
>
> Thanks.

It is not just you.  We are seeing issue with that Level3 router/site as
well.

I would report it to Level3, but I don't see any need to add to my
already extensive collection of one line Level3 support responses saying
"All is well.  Nothing to see here.  All is well."

My guess would be that your up/down for individual IPs is a result of
your testing methodology. That Level3 router/site appears to be dropping
some packets to all IPs that I tested before dropping my conn there.

Our response to the nearly constant Level3 issues of the past 12/18
months has been terminate them.  The washington1.level3 site was
unfortunately the last on my list of DCs.

--
David Miller
dmiller at tiggee.com