De-funding the ITU

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Sun Jan 13 17:14:28 UTC 2013

On Jan 13, 2013, at 7:54 AM, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> Since it is possible to fund -by sector-, there is no good reason to tar the entire Union with the same brush.

Bill, please read the petition before attempting to comment on it.

Again, the petition specifically excludes ITU-R, for exactly the reasons that you and I have both just cited.

And if you think it's possible to fund by sector, you're not paying close enough attention, and haven't read the ITU budget documents I provided with the petition.

    - It's only possible for sector members to fund by sector.
    - This petition does not address sector members.
    - It's not possible for governments to fund by sector.
    - Money is fungible.

So, here, have some rope: how would you fund by sector?

                                -Bill