OOB core router connectivity wish list

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Thu Jan 10 10:48:39 UTC 2013

On Jan 10, 2013, at 2:15 AM, Saku Ytti wrote:

> That is task for on-band interfaces, which attach to your forwarding-logic.

No it isn't, any more than SNMP is a task for those interfaces.

> To export flow, you need port to be connected to your forwarding hardware, not control-plane and certainly not OOB management-plane.

Again, the analogy is with SNMP.  There's no requirement to be part of the data-plane, it's quite possible to get the flow telemetry to the management processor, same as with SNMP.

> Cheack Cisco's "CMP" this is what we need.

I'm quite familiar with it, thanks.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton