Join my network on LinkedIn

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Tue Jan 8 20:29:42 UTC 2013

On 09/01/13 09:21, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 07:52:18PM +0000, Alex Brooks wrote:
>> I've just had a reply saying that nanog <at>
>> nanog.org has been added to their "do not contact" list. That means,
>> assuming their processes work, the address will no longer receive any
>> emails from LinkedIn or their members though LinkedIn.
> Those "processes" have been noticeably broken in the past.  (Note as
> well that even if they do work in this case, that won't stop spam to
> other nanog.org mailing lists, current or future.)  The best way to stop
> the spammers at LinkedIn is to block their domain at the MTA, and that's
> what I've recommended that the keepers of the NANOG mailing lists do.

And hope that non-mailing-lists on the same host don't need to see mail
from that MTA?

I'm amazed that the NANOG mailing list doesn't simply reject email from
non-subscribed addresses.  I didn't realise that this was so difficult,
considering it's an out-of-box Mailman feature to be able to arrange
exactly that.

Mark.