Join my network on LinkedIn

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Wed Jan 2 18:40:59 UTC 2013

This isn't new.  It's been LinkedIn's practice since approximately
forever to get its users to surrender their address books and then to
spam [1] every address in them.  The fix is simple: block linkedin.com
at the MTA. [2]

---rsk

[1] It's unsolicited bulk email, therefore spam.  We could argue about
who's responsible for the spam, and a fair case can be made that those
giving up their address books bear some culpability for it...but since it
comes from LinkedIn's domain and LinkedIn's mail servers and LinkedIn's
network and LinkedIn's software (which is expressly designed to do
this very thing), I think it's fair to say that it's LinkedIn's spam.

[2] If you don't want to do this on all mail servers, it should
definitely be done on those hosting mailing lists, either at the MTA
or in the mailing list software's configuration.