10 Mbit/s problem in your network

Warren Bailey wbailey at satelliteintelligencegroup.com
Tue Feb 26 17:19:48 UTC 2013

Perhaps I don't understand.. Generally in wireless we look at two things; bits to hertz and noise components. If the noise is LESS and the carrier is the same power spectral density, you will have a greater c/n. I've always wondered why wifi didn't implement an array of modcods which can be used with a given system. That way, when you attenuate you have lower efficiency modulation and coding which will allow you to deal with fades better. Maybe they do us it and I'm just not hip to 802.11?