NYT covers China cyberthreat

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Thu Feb 21 18:39:13 UTC 2013

Scott Weeks wrote:

> --- calin.chiorean at secdisk.net wrote:
>
>>> You seem "upset" that they are using M$ only(target and
>>> source).
> I'm not upset.  I'm pointing out what Steven Bellovin said
> in just a few words: "This strongly suggests that it's not
> their A-team..."
>
> This is a technical mailing list where cutting edge stuff
> is discussed.  The compromise was not using cutting edge
> stuff and, so, is a big <yawn> for this list.

Not to be pedantic, but I thought the list was about network operations
- and
as much (or more) about practice, than about "cutting edge stuff." (Well
maybe a little pedantic.)

 From an operational point of view, unless I'm an exceptionally high-value
target, I'm more likely to be threatened by the B-team (or C-team), than
the
A-team (recognizing, of course, that what the A-team is doing today, is
what the
script kiddies will be doing tomorrow).

Miles Fidelman