Anyone know of a good InfiniBand vendor in the US?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Feb 20 00:55:39 UTC 2013

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Landon Stewart wrote:

> Oh by vendor I mean VAR I guess.  Mostly I'm also wondering how an IB
> network handles IPoIB and how one uses IB with a gateway to layer 3
> Ethernet switches or edge routers.  If anyone has any resources that
> provide details on how this works and how ethernet VLANs are handled I'd
> appreciate it.

My limited IB experience has been that the IB switch acts much like a dumb
ethernet switch, caring only about which IB hardware addresses are
reachable via which port.  Routing between IPoIB and IP over ethernet can
be done by any host with interfaces on both networks and IP forwarding
enabled.  In our setups, we've used IPoIB, but with 1918 addresses and not
routed beyond the IB network.

  Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |