bidirectional fiber inline amps.

Eric J Esslinger eesslinger at fpu-tn.com
Tue Feb 19 20:30:05 UTC 2013

Due to some bundle size restrictions, we are looking at converting some runs over to use bi-directional fiber sfp's (the Cisco version is GLC-BX-D/GLC-BX-U). However a couple of our runs are farther than the spec 6.2 miles.  Is anyone aware of a vendor that makes an inline bidirectional amp for this sort of application? I did some digging but either they do not exist or my google fu is weak today.

Eric Esslinger
Information Services Manager - Fayetteville Public Utilities
http://www.fpu-tn.com/
(931)433-1522 ext 165

This message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information and is intended for the person/entity to whom it was originally addressed. Any use by others is strictly prohibited.