Endpoint Security and Smartphones

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Tue Feb 19 17:00:26 UTC 2013

I get that part.  I guess I am just trying to figure out why having your
passcode is such an advantage.  I guess if you really want to physically
steal (or temporarily "borrow") my phone and get into it, that would be
useful.  I would be much more concerned about remote exploits because I
have always assumed that if you physically have the device, you are
going to get into it.  All I count on my passcode for is to prevent me
from butt dialing.

I think the real value here would be if it were used as more of a
general purpose key stroke grabber that could tell me remotely what you
are doing with your phone.  Problem with that is that the accuracy would
have to be much better for that purpose.

Steven Naslund