10 Mbit/s problem in your network

Måns Nilsson mansaxel at besserwisser.org
Sun Feb 10 16:11:56 UTC 2013

Subject: Re: 10 Mbit/s problem in your network Date: Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 05:07:49PM +0100 Quoting JP Velders (jpv at veldersjes.net):

> > Not to be pedantic, but The Last Mile Cache will actually help you to
> > solve this problem, with a local cache server at the hotel.

> And as a business traveller I want to have the ISP or Hotel cache (aka
> be able to read and for others to be found!) my possibly very
> sensitive corporate documents exactly _why_ ?

A VPN or SSH session (which is what most hotel guests traveling for
work will do) won't cache at all well, so this is a very bad idea. Might
improve some things, but not the really important ones.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668