10 Mbit/s problem in your network

JP Velders jpv at veldersjes.net
Sun Feb 10 16:07:49 UTC 2013

> Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 13:08:04 +0100
> From: fredrik danerklint <fredan-nanog at fredan.se>
> Subject: Re: 10 Mbit/s problem in your network

> Not to be pedantic, but The Last Mile Cache will actually help you to
> solve this problem, with a local cache server at the hotel.

> The hotel's ISP must participate in TLMC before they, the hotel, can
> have a cache server running.

And as a business traveller I want to have the ISP or Hotel cache (aka
be able to read and for others to be found!) my possibly very
sensitive corporate documents exactly _why_ ? The TLMC concept only
has possible applications in certain residential settings. And even
then it's very debatable as to how it could actually improve instead
of overcomplicate and deteriorate the entire service along the route.

Kind regards,
JP Velders