Fiber project/IPTV multicast

Warren Bailey wbailey at satelliteintelligencegroup.com
Sat Feb 9 20:19:41 UTC 2013

Nearly all IPTV is multicast via group joins. That is how they limit access to content. It is all technically live (save for vod) as it is down linked from a source and fed into the head end. A lot of cable providers do multi cast over coax now as well. Check out cable labs if you haven't, they have some neat stuff they discuss.