The 100 Gbit/s problem in your network

fredrik danerklint fredan-nanog at fredan.se
Fri Feb 8 17:15:25 UTC 2013

>> I do have an suggestion for how to solve this. See my message yesterday
>> to the mailing list.
>
> Ah, I get it, you are trying to get people to acknowledge the
> non-existence of your tool that does what every transparent HTTP proxy
> has been doing for years! ;)

Where exactly do you put those transparent http proxy servers in
your network?

> For that you do not need to do strange DNS-stealing hacks or
> coordination with various parties, one only has to steal port 80.

There is two thing that The Last Mile Cache does _not_ do;

Steal either the DNS nor the port 80 part.

(I have to give it to you that it is a DNS solution part involved in
TLMC as well as a reverse proxy server).

It's an solution which does not force either the CSP (Content Service
Provider) nor the ISP to participate in TLMC. It will tough, allow a
customer of an ISP (which has to participate in TLMC in the first
place) to have it's own cache server at their home. (And yes, the CSP
needs to participate as well for it to work).

> Fortunately quite a few content providers are moving to HTTPS so that
> that can't happen anymore.

If you want your content cached at various ISP:s around the world,
encrypt the content, not the session.

--
//fredan