The 100 Gbit/s problem in your network

fredrik danerklint fredan-nanog at fredan.se
Fri Feb 8 16:03:52 UTC 2013

> You really think people did not have problems with the 1mbit links they
> had back then?

Yes, I do.

> And you really think that we won't have problems with
> Zillion-HD or whatever they will call it in another 20 years?

I think that this is something I'm trying to say, with the creation of
this thread.

>> That works if you are only distributing Video on Demands content.
> Thus the question becomes, for what would it not work?
>> If you also want, for example, to have the possibility to distribute
>> software, (static content as well), can you do that with Fussycast?

As I asked; Static content, like in files (*.zip, *.tar.gz, *.iso, etc...)

> Read the documents and other related literature on that site a little
> bit further: you can overcome those first couple of seconds by fetching
> those 'quickly' using unicast.

Since you are back to the Unicast thing, and as you sad the problem
with the 1 Mbit/s links, I do think your question whould be:

How could we put the cache servers right next to our DSLAM:s,
aggregation switches (or what ever you want to place them in your
network) and have everything that's static content, cached?

I do have an suggestion for how to solve this. See my message yesterday
to the mailing list.

--
//fredan