2-Channel CWDM Add/Drop with SC/APC connectors

Thilo Bangert thilo.bangert at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 09:55:34 UTC 2013

On Thursday, February 07, 2013 08:04:41 PM Chuck Anderson wrote:
> Years ago I was able to purchase 2-Channel CWDM Plug-In 1-Wavelength
> Optical Add/Drop Multiplexors from Finisar with SC/APC connectors on
> them, even though they normally only make the SC/PC version shown
> here:
>
> FWSF-OADM-1-xx-SC
>
> http://www.finisar.com/products/passives/MUX-DEMUX/CWDM_OADM-1_Plug-in_Modul
>
> but they won't do the SC/APC version for me now.
>
> Does anyone know of a good alternative?

for cwdm ADM i dont, sorry. our supplier just has regular multiplexers.

[snip]

> Is it that much harder to terminate the angled connectors?

no - its just a different type of pigtail, but adding another splice, will
increase the insertion loss slightly.

we once ordered a cwdm splitter box at a different than usual place - as
always with sc/apc connectors.
the supplier changed the pigtails to accomodate our request. unfortunatly he
didnt change the bulkheads, which was less than helpfull.

kind regards
Thilo