Muni fiber: L1 or L2?

Masataka Ohta mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp
Fri Feb 8 08:48:24 UTC 2013

Masataka Ohta wrote:

> Assume you have 4000 subscribers and total trunk cable length

Correction. Though I wrote 4000, it is a population and the number
of subscribers are 1150.

> For example, if drop cables of PON are 10m longer in average than
> that of SS, it's total length is 40km, which is *SIGNIFICANT*.

Total drop cable length is still 11.5km and is *SIGNIFICANT*.

Note that when population density is lower, extra drop cable
length will be longer that 10m is now a very humble estimation.

As for equipment cost, for CO

	PON 92000 KJPY/1150
	SS 182000 KJPY/3100

and for CP

	PON 33200 KJPY/1150
	SS  84600 KJPY/3100

not so different but SS is a little more inexpensive.

						Masataka Ohta