Will wholesale-only muni actually bring the boys to your yard?

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Wed Feb 6 15:36:08 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Robert E. Seastrom <rs at seastrom.com> wrote:

> If you were talking about layer 2 handoffs, your statement is perhaps
> even more untrue - active ethernet and PON layer 2 handoffs are
> approximately as easy as each other.

Perhaps you'd share some specifics?  I certainly haven't worked on all of
the PON systems that are out there, but the ones I have worked one didn't
have (or I didn't find) a good way to separate traffic at layer 2 so that
several operators could handle their own Layer 3 provisioning for customers
on the same OLT.