Level3 worldwide emergency upgrade?

Andrew Sullivan asullivan at dyn.com
Wed Feb 6 15:10:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 07:39:14AM -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:

> So, I'm wondering what is shocking that someone may have to push out some sort of upgrade either urgently or periodically that is so impacting and causes these emails on the list.

My impression is mostly that people are left feeling uncomfortable by
a massive upgrade of this sort with so little communication about why
and so on.  "Emergency work for five hours and 30 minutes
disconnection" that turns out to take longer than 30 minutes of
disconnection probably ought to come with some explanation (at least
after the fact).

Regards,

Andrew Sullivan
Dyn, Inc.