Will wholesale-only muni actually bring the boys to your yard?

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Mon Feb 4 21:58:19 UTC 2013

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013, Scott Helms wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Brandon Ross <bross at pobox.com> wrote:
>
> There are tons and tons and tons of organizations that will sell the
> operator of a network content to sell to that operator's subscribers
> directly.  Most well known is the cable coop, who only exists to do just
> that.  The problem is that what's been proposed is that the network
> operator be able to then turn around and offer those services as a whole
> sale level to another operator, on the same physical but not not layer 2,
> plant.  That's what I don't think you can get contracts inked for.

How is that different from what the aggregators that I've already pointed
out are doing?  Why does anyone need to resell anything, anyway, what we
are talking about are service providers connected to this muni fiber
network being able to deliver triple play to their subs.

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442