Muni network ownership and the Fourth

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Sun Feb 3 02:33:41 UTC 2013

The difference between building a ring and then dropping connections and
home running all of the connections is much more than difference in fiber
count.  However, its certainly true that home running works in some
greenfield deployments and I hope I have not confused anyone on that point.
 A detailed look at the area to be covered along with the goals of the
network will definitely drive you in the correct deployment model.  This
should be one of the first things you do.

--
Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology