Fwd: Rollup: Small City Municipal Broadband

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Sat Feb 2 22:27:41 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013, Scott Helms wrote:

> I'd also talk with Zhone, Allied Telesys, Adtran, and Cisco if for no
> other reason but get the best pricing you can.

I can't believe I'm going to beat Owen to this point, but considering you
a building a brand new infrastructure, I'd hope you'd support your service
provider's stakeholders if they want to do IPv6.  To do so securely,
you'll want your neutral layer 2 infrastrcuture to at least support
RA-guard and DHCPv6 shield.  You might also want/need DHCPv6 PD snooping,
MLD snooping.  We have found VERY disappointing support for these features
in this type of gear.

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442