Will wholesale-only muni actually bring the boys to your yard?

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Sat Feb 2 17:49:43 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013, Jay Ashworth wrote:

> Available Providers.
>
> The City, remember, won't be doing L3, so we'd need to find someone who
> was doing that.  You know how big a job it is to be a cable company?

I would think in this model that the city would be prohibited from
providing those services.

Perhaps I live in a different world, but just about all of the small to
midsize service providers I work with offer triple play today, and nearly
all of them are migrating their triple play services to IP.

If rural telco in Alabama or Mississippi can deliver triple play, surely a
larger provider somewhere like NYC can do as well, no?

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442