Muni network ownership and the Fourth

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Fri Feb 1 16:36:05 UTC 2013

> The muni providers have a bunch of cost advantages that help them keep the
> price lower.

Yes, but:

A) NYSEG customers are still paying off boondoggles due to incompetent
current and former management that have nothing to do with their
for-profit status

B) So what?  The customers get better service at lower price.

FWIW, I can report that as municipal water and sewer commissioner,
although technically we could foreclose, we never have.  The threat of
disconnection is quite adequate to get people to pay.

Regards,