turning on comcast v6

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Dec 31 00:51:24 UTC 2013

> What the enterprise folks need is IPv6 champions, like yourself, like Lee, to user stand their use case that even if you don't end up deploying it on your own network you will show up at the IETF, or at least participate on the IETF mailing lists and help them get what they need, so IPv6 deployment can proceed apace.  If you really don't think there is harm, help them go get what they (think they?) need.

I don’t think there’s harm to including the option for RIO in DHCPv6.

I think there is great harm in continuing the use case presented earlier.

I have yet to see a use case from enterprise that actually requires RIO or default route in DHCPv6, and I have seen many many use cases.

Most of them are, actually, better solved through education, so I tend to focus my efforts in that area.

If you can find someone who wants to pay me to plead the enterprise cases to the IETF, I suppose I might be interested in that job if it came with the right offer, but for now, that’s not what I get paid to do.

Owen