The Making of a Router

Jon Sands fohdeesha at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 23:56:13 UTC 2013

On 12/27/2013 4:23 PM, Matt Palmer wrote:
> There *is* a world outside of Silly Valley, you know... a world where
> money doesn't flow like a mighty cascade from the benevolent wallets
> of vulture capitalists, into the waiting arms of every crackpot with
> an elevator pitch. - Matt

Yes, and in that world, one should probably not start up a FTTH ISP when
one has not even budgeted for a router, among a thousand other things.
And if you must, you should probably figure out your cost breakdown
beforehand, not after. Baldur, you mention $200k total to move 10gb with
Juniper (which seems insanely off to me). Look into Brocades CER line,
you can move 4x 10gbe per chassis for under 12k.

--
Jon Sands