[SPAM]RE: [SPAM]Re: Mikrotik Cloud Core Router and BGP real life experiences?

Dennis Burgess dmburgess at linktechs.net
Fri Dec 27 14:39:57 UTC 2013

Guess I should chime in here.  As far as the CCR, I know several customers running in excess of  1 gig of traffic though them, one has 16 BGP sessions, several of those are full tables, and the rest are on an peering exchange.  There are other units, like the ones we supply, that does more than 20 gig in real word usages.  They are very capable devices, but depending on how many features you enable, of course that will affect their overall abilities.    This would be real word, and yes, I work with 1000's of ISPs across North America, many between 100-10gig of traffic, cable companies, DSL providers, and WISPs, and many of these ONLY use MikroTik.

As another person said, grab two and configure so that you split your load up, we have done that in areas where redundancy is important.  Seeing the Dual 10GigE model with 8 GigE ports costs $1,249 or so, hard to beat them in price, and add  two or more to get your redundancy.

Dennis Burgess, Mikrotik Certified Trainer Author of "Learn RouterOS- Second Edition"
 Link Technologies, Inc -- Mikrotik & WISP Support Services
 Office: 314-735-0270 Website: http://www.linktechs.net - Skype: linktechs
 -- Create Wireless Coverage's with www.towercoverage.com - 900Mhz - LTE - 3G - 3.65 - TV Whitespace