Data Center and IX Standards Published by Open-IX - Certification begins soon!

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 02:23:46 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM, David Temkin <dave at temk.in> wrote:

> I am proud to announce that the final versions of the Data Center and IXP
> standards have been completed by their respective working groups and have
> been published.
>
> Data Center: http://goo.gl/s4cGBp
>
> IXP: http://goo.gl/O5I1my
>
> Martin Hannigan will follow up shortly with scheduled dates for accepting
> applications to become Open-IX Certified.  We intend on accepting
> applications for Northern Virginia first, immediately followed by NYC and
> other markets.

I missed this, sorry.

NoVA opened a few weeks ago. That was a trial to see what we may have
missed. We have received two completed applications there. We're
effectively open in North America now and have recently received
applications for facilities in AZ, OH and TX. Pending activity in the
smaller MSA's like Boston, Cleveland and Omaha.

Website == http://www.open-ix.org
Announcements == https://www.facebook.com/OpenIXAssociation