turning on comcast v6

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 06:07:42 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 5:42 AM, Christopher Morrow
<morrowc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to encourage people to use prefix-hint=::/48.
> I think if I ask (via wide-dhcpv6-server) for more than is going to be
> sent I don't get anything configured at all :(
>
> I'm pretty sure I get sent a /64 in the response packet, but I don't
> install that.. which leads to busted v6 configuration on my device.

I concur (with the request a /48, get a /64, not a /60).  At least
that is how I recall it used to work (I have not tried for some time
at this point, and while I know Comcast has changed things
in the interim, I am pretty sure I do not want to wait for Comcast
to time out a /64 if that is what I end up getting).  If someone
has better information, I am willing to consider a test.

Gary