BRAS

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Thu Dec 12 00:00:20 UTC 2013

We have deployed several MX480 for BRAS and had good success - definitely
within the 11.4X27 release but also we have one box on 13.2 (nothing like
living on the edge haha).  I believe Juniper is starting to also recommend
12.3 for BRAS but would have to confirm that for sure.

On MX80 we also have them running at smaller sites - historically had
quite a few issues but lately been quite stable minus one bug we just
encountered with PPPOE subscriber sessions not getting torn down correctly
(PR is supposed to be resolved in new 11.4X release coming out Mon/Tues).

None of these deployments at this point have l2tp tunnels coming in (such
as wholesale from ILEC provider) but in early January we will have one in
production (wholesale AGAS service via Bell Canada).

Paul