Vancouver IXP - VanTX - BCNet

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Aug 20 05:05:08 UTC 2013

> As you may know CIRA has been working with groups across Canada to
> establish new IXPs.

wow!  i thought there were a lot of ixps, torix, vantx, ...

are these open, neutral, ixps, a la six etc?  or big players trying to
save the internet from itself?

would some of the *local* providers in the areas who actually use the
cira ixen care to report on the experience?

> When we started this work, we didn't know that Vancouver already had
> an IXP

in depth research, eh?

> We and BCNet are planning a town hall style meeting in late September,
> tentatively September 26, to talk about the IXP needs of the Vancouver
> area.

why are all my alarms going off?

randy