"It's the end of the world as we know it" -- REM

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sat Apr 27 02:48:40 UTC 2013

On Apr 25, 2013, at 5:24 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> amusing how much curran is interested in asserting his/arin's power and
> rights and how little he speaks to the interest of the internet and the
> isps.

The power is in the hands of this community; they get to set whatever
policies are used for management of number resources.  ARIN has to
defend the ability of this community to self-govern, but it is up to
them as to how much/little policy they feel is actually necessary and
in the best interest of them and the Internet.  Note that the very same
thing occurs with the IETF or W3C having to defend the ability of that
community to decide what is/isn't in a technical standard.

FYI,
/John